If you've never cooked with it you should start now, its a great replacement for spaghetti. Top with your favorite marinara, meat marinara or just tomatoes, basil and a little olive oil. Over all, spaghetti squash is really tasty and, so versatile.
Spaghetti Squash, Peppers and Kielbasa "Pasta"
1 spaghetti squash
1 red bell pepper cut into strips
1 onion cut into strips
1 kielbasa cut into 1/4 inch chunks
The How To:
- Cook your squash using one of these methods. Which ever way you choose, cut it in half and poke holes on the outside, it'll speed up the process:
- Bake about an hour in the oven at 375 F
- Microwave 10 to 12 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes or so
- When its done, take a fork and start scraping out the insides. There's your "pasta"!
- While your squash is cooking, sauté onions for 10 minutes
- Add peppers and continue to cook until tender, about 10 more minutes
- Add kielbasa for 10 minutes more or until kielbasa is cooked through
- Spoon squash into a big bowl and top with onion mixture.
- Top with grated parm if you feel the need
At 40 calories a cup, spaghetti squash is a great side dish or main dish for dinner!
Weight Watcher Friends: 2oz of kielbasa is 5p+, veggies are free!