We drank wine, one friend made a fantastic spinach salad, we ate yummy cheese and finished the night with salted caramels - hello heaven! This recipe comes highly recommended from just about every food blog out there so I had to give it a try. The best part? There are only 3 ingredients! I love recipes like this. It does take a little time but the final result is scrumptious!
Easy Pasta Sauce
28oz can whole tomatoes
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 onion peeled and quartered
The How To:
- In a big pan add all ingredients and bring to a low boil on medium heat
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes
- During cookling process, stir occasionally and crush tomatoes against the edge of the pan, the juice should start to thicken up
- The blogs have said to take the onions out and toss them - such a waste! I say serve them up and enjoy the sweetness
- Serve with your favorite pasta
Weight Watcher Friends: 4p+ for a 1/4 of the sauce, more for the pasta you use.