Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter

I always feel a little nervous cooking for people, especially when its a recipe I've never tried. This was the case last night when I cooked for 3 great friends. I was nervous to get their feedback - but apparently I had nothing to worry about - they loved it!

We drank wine, one friend made a fantastic spinach salad, we ate yummy cheese and finished the night with salted caramels - hello heaven! This recipe comes highly recommended from just about every food blog out there so I had to give it a try. The best part? There are only 3 ingredients! I love recipes like this. It does take a little time but the final result is scrumptious!  

Easy Pasta Sauce

The Stuff: 
28oz can whole tomatoes
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 onion peeled and quartered

The How To:
  • In a big pan add all ingredients and bring to a low boil on medium heat
  • Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes
  • During cookling process, stir occasionally and crush tomatoes against the edge of the pan, the juice should start to thicken up
  • The blogs have said to take the onions out and toss them - such a waste! I say serve them up and enjoy the sweetness 

  • Serve with your favorite pasta
Note: The recipe says It will make 4 servings but to be honest I felt that it made more like 2 maybe 3. I would double the amount of tomatoes to get a full 4 servings and then maybe, just maybe some leftovers.

Weight Watcher Friends: 4p+ for a 1/4 of the sauce, more for the pasta you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment