Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coconut Oatmeal

OK, before you start judging this based on the name come with me on a little journey - ok, really, its not much of a journey, but I have a little story for you. The other night I tried to make a peach and jalapeno salsa for my salmon but it did not turn out the way I wanted it to. One of the ingredients I used was light coconut milk, not wanting to waste anything I kept thinking about what I could make with the coconut milk. Then light bulb - oatmeal! I boiled the coconut milk, added some spices and have a delicious breakfast! Good story huh?

I did not take pictures of this meal for two reasons. One, I forgot, two photographing oatmeal is a skill that I nor my iPhone have - it looks like a pile of um, gray blahness, sounds good huh? Trust me! It is yummy!

The Stuff:
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup raisins

The How To:
  • Bring milks to a boil on low
  • Add spices
  • Stir in oatmeal and raisins
  • Add more liquid (water or milk) if it needs it
  • Cook for 8 minutes on medium low or until oatmeal is cooked
  • If you want to be naughty serve with maple syrup and heavy cream

Weight Watcher Friends: 1/2 cup 4p+

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks amazing! I'll have to try this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete