Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ok, I will admit, when I saw this recipe on Hungry Girl tv show (1pm pacific on Cooking Channel) I was thinking, "This lady is crazy! Nachos and chicken - blah"! But, I decided to give it a shot, why not? I had all the ingredients on hand. I did change some things up, but I mostly stuck to the recipe and man, it was delish! The MR and his brother gobbled it up, too!
Pretend this is cooked, I, once again, forgot to take photos!

Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts

The Stuff:
4 5 oz chicken breast sliced in half (HG pounded hers down, cutting is way easier)
4 wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese, French onion flavor (HG used plain, which is too plain for me. French onion gave it a nice flavor, I bet the chipotle would be delish, too!)
1/2 Fat Free Refried Beans
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon: cumin, chili powder, and paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup panko crumbs (HG uses fat free tortilla chips - I didn't have them, just use what you have - regular bread crumbs would work too)

The How To:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray, set aside
  • Filling: combine refried beans, cheddar cheese, seasonings and laughing cow
  • Chicken: Season with salt and pepper
  • Spoon filling evenly onto chicken breast, fold chicken over and secure with a toothpick, some filling will squeeze out, but don't worry
  • Top each breast with 1/8 cup panko crumb, dash of cumin, chili powder and paprika
  • Bake for 15 minutes under foil tent, remove tent and bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done
Weight Watcher Friends: 6p+ per chicken breast

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment