Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ricotta Cheese Cake

I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth! I have to finish each meal with a sweet treat and last night was no different. I made a creamy tomato pasta sauce, which I am still working on the recipe but will post it soon - it was yummy but not blog worthy yet. Afterwards I whipped up the EASIEST cake ever. It is light, not too sweet and melts in your mouth - really, it does :) sorry for the lack of pictures, I was tired, but I got the finished piece - that's all that matters!
Ricotta Cheese Cake

The Stuff:
1 package of yellow cake
10oz diet gingerale
15oz low fat ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg whites

The How To:
  • Mix the yellow cake mix and the 10oz of soda
NOTE: If you want, you could just bake the cake from here, it is a light version of the basic boxed cake mix, it takes out the added fat and something with the diet soda makes it work - its really good! I wanted something more so I searched the fridge, found the ricotta and put it to use
  • Stir ricotta, vanilla, sugar and egg whites until well mixed
  • Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with Pam spray
  • Pour cake mix in and then add the ricotta mixture evenly on top, use a rubber spatula to spread it
  • Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the top isn't jiggly
  • Try to wait 10 minutes for it to cool - good luck with that, I dug right in!
I hate using the flash with food pictures, but I wanted to show
you the ricotta layer, it sinks to the bottom!

Enjoy!

Weight Watcher Friends: Cut cake into 24pieces, 1 piece is 3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment