Thursday, June 23, 2011

Seafood Pasta

Pasta is my go to meal, its fast, easy and keeps me full. For this meal I basically cleaned out the cupboards and refrigerator. I've been traveling so much lately I haven't had time to go to the grocery store so I was literally looking at bare cupboards and had to use my imagination for this one. And you know what I decided? That's the best way to make dinner! I had some frozen shrimp, frozen seafood (Scallops, calamari and shrimp medley from Trader Joe's), edamame and sun dried tomatoes. Writing it out makes it sound a little odd, but I tell you it was great.

 
Seafood Pasta

 
The Stuff:
teaspoon olive oil
1 large shallot
1 glove garlic
1 large heirloom tomato (or whatever type you have)

I love Heirlooms!
8 oz frozen, shelled edamame
8-10 oz seafood (any combination will work)
1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 roasted red bell pepper (I used the jarred kind)
1 teaspoon season salt
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Juice from 1 Meyer lemon
2 teaspoon olive oil, separated

 
The How To:
  • Cook pasta as directed and drain reserving 1 cup of pasta water
  •  Heat up the oil, chop shallots and garlic, add to pan 
  • While shallots and garlic are cooking (5 minutes) defrost the seafood and set aside
  • Add frozen edamame to pan (I use frozen because it thaws out just enough in the saute pan and adds a nice texture to the dish), cook for 3 minutes
  • Dice sun dried tomatoes and bell peppers and add to pan
  • Add seasoning and cook for 3 minutes
  • Add seafood and cook for 5 minutes 
  • Add 1/2 cup of pasta water and scrap bottom of pan of all the goodness
  • In a big bowl throw in pasta, remaining pasta water, heirloom tomatoes (diced) and contents of pan, stir until well incorporated
  • Spoon portions into bowls and add 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese to each bowl, add half lemon juice and half olive oil in each bowl, stir
  • The lemon, Parmesan and pasta water make a sort of sauce that is delicious and refreshing!

WW Friends: 1 portion for me was 9 points, for an accurate count you should tally yours up

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment